January 12, 2012

My Cactus Heart Trailer Impression: A "Trending" Love Story?

My Cactus Heart Heart is a 2012 romantic comedy from Star Cinema (ABS-CBN Film Productions Inc.) and Skylight Films Production. My Cactus Heart is directed by Enrico C. Santos starring Starring Maja Salvador, Matteo Guidicelli and Xian Lim and has a January 25, 2012 nationwide (Philippine) release. What can we say about this first romantic comedy title from Star Cinema, find it out here.



My Cactus Heart 2012 movie trailer impressions romantic comedy film trailer reviews pinoy movie blogger Matteo Guidicelli first starring film




My Cactus Heart
Plot / Synopsis

How do you win over a heartbreaker's cactus heart? A romantic comedy film of trending proportions, follow this unlikely love story when My Cactus Heart gets released on January 25 on theaters nationwide.

Watch My Cactus Heart Official trailer here:





My Cactus Heart Movie Trailer Impression
My Cactus Heart Film Trailer Review

"Whaaaat? A ROMANTIC COMEDY UNDER STAR CINEMA?! This is never heard of!?!?!". You'll be asking that same question if you are live under a rock. Star Cinema has been ans still is one of the most industrious, if not the only Filipino film company that has been known to make "quality" (~highly subjective) and popular love stories. This year (2012) they are starting it with another romantic comedy together with Skylight Film Productions, so what has My Cactus Heart has to offer?



My Cactus Heart 2012 romantic comedy film starring maja salvador trending


My Cactus Heart is Matteo Guidicelli's first starring film, so you know what to expect right? Fans of Maja Salvador, Matteo Guidicelli, or the Kapamilya romantic tandem itself will definitely love this first of many romantic films that Star Cinema will offer this year. Well as for the story it is an averagely themed one. A similarly themed Star Cinema romantic comedy film will also be released this year, and this is why I can say that Star Cinema is somehow deviating from the known and cliche-d concepts. In a way this is good. Well, it is way better than a "rich boy falling in love with a poor girl love story" variant, right? Besides a lighter tone and a more younger cast, the My Cactus Heart trailer uses more contemporary themes with the use of Twitter related concepts like hash tags and trending statements which is obviously is part of the film's marketing strategy and to make its target audience relate to the story. Besides the very obvious, the trailer has a decent mix of humor (mostly slapstick) and does a good job not spoiling the entire film. Spoiling the film will obviously be the death of this film, so at least they got it correct with that. A film directly marketed to a more younger ABS CBN (Kapamilya) teenage audience, and this is why this film will work.. for them that is. Why fix something that is not even broken right? If there is something that I have realized in my time as a film enthusiast is to never underestimate the teenage movie crowd. Twilight became this immensely popular to teenage girls right?



My Cactus Heart 2012 romantic comedy movie title from Star Cinema and Skylight Films Production


What about you guys? Do you fall under the target audience that this film is aimed for? Share your thoughts about My Cactus Heart movie trailer in the comments section below: