February 24, 2012

My Kontrabida Girl Teaser Trailer Impressions: The Cute Kontrabida?

My Kontrabida Girl is a 2012 romantic comedy from GMA Films under the direction of Jade Castro (director of Zombadings 1: Patayin sa Shokot si Remington) which stars Rhian Ramos, Aljur Abrenica, Jhake Vargas, Enzo Pineda, Sef Cadayona, Ken Chan, Kevin Santos, Bela Padilla, Ryza Cenon and Chariz Solomon. My Kontrabida Girl is slated for a Marh 14, 2012 nationwide release. Let's check out this GMA Films 2012 Rom-Com here:


My Kontrabida Girl 2012 teaser trailer impressions romantic comedy trailer review pinoy movie blogger




My Kontrabida Girl
Plot / Synopsis

"My Kontrabida Girl" is about an actress played Rhian Ramos who is so credible as a cruel and scheming villain on screen that she is typecast as the perfect villain or "kontrabida" in many films. In real life though, she is a sweet girl who has yet to find and be lucky with love.

Watch My Kontrabida Girl teaser trailer here:




My Kontrabida Girl Teaser Trailer Impression
My Kontrabida Girl Trailer Review

What is there to make up for this pretty short teaser? Well, first of all it looks goofy which seemingly establishes the comedy in its romantic comedy genre that this film falls under. If you want to see the romantic part of the film, then you have a better chance of finding that on the film's music video:




"Ang Aking Puso" My Kontrabida Girl Theme
Performed by Julie Anne San Jose & Derick Monasterio


Can't really say much about this film through this teaser alone. Well she slaps people... Okay? I've got to admit though, that scene where she slaps a woman who spits out her false teeth made me smirk a bit (probably at the sheer absurdity and inner corniness in me). Then there is that scene with Rhian Almost slapping Aljur but the leading man catches her hand is a lamely executed. They could have at least rehearsed a more convincing scene than that, right? Oh well, this is just me nitpicking one scene in this teaser which may or may not even be present on the actual film itself. I only had one question after watching the teaser and that is why hasn't GMA Films made as much romantic comedy films like Star Cinema? I believe they have the resources and the "talents", so why not? Well, going back to the film, hopefully the good folks from GMA Network shall soon release the film's full spoiler-free trailer. Let's cross our fingers that the director of Zombadings 1: Patayin sa Shokot si Remington can bring out the kontrabida in Rhian in parts where she needs to be one, not to mention an entertaining story, effective writing and acting that goes with it.


My Kontrabida Girl 2012 teaser trailer Rhian Ramos slaps people false teeth


What about you guys? What do you think about this teaser trailer and the low quality music video that goes with it? Share your thoughts about My Kontrabida Girl trailer on the comments section below:


My Kontrabida Girl 2012 Romantic Comedy Title from GMA Films


UPDATE

Check out My Kontrabida Girl's Official Full Trailer here.